Monday, July 16, 2012

So behind..

I'm sorry I am so behind in the post.  Not sure if I mentioned this but we lose power a couple times a day for 2-3 hours.  I can't tell you how many dark and cold showers I have taken.  It's a great way to get to know the roommates though because we just sit around with flash lights and talk.  I have learned so much about my Columbian roommate.

So much to catch up on.  We did a lot of site seeing last week.  We went to a city called Bhaktapur which is where the King used to live.  This city was much cleaner and full of history.  I took the most amazing pictures of the temples as well as the school children.  They were taking recess while we were eating lunch and all wanted their pictures taken from us.  They were adorable!  We also went to Bouda which is the biggest temple in Nepal.  This is where many Tibetan monks come to pray.  We got Tibetan prayer flags blessed as well as sat in on their afternoon prayer. We stayed for about an hour but they pray for 3 hours!  It was a mix between chanting and playing instruments.  Your whole body shook when the horn and trumpets were played.  It was the most intense feeling you could ever imagine.  They believe so strongly and are so focused during the prayer.  It was definitely an emotional afternoon.

More to come...thanks for you comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment